Friday, February 27, 2015

羊年快乐! Happy Chinese New Year!

Hi Everyone!

Happy Chinese New Year! (although it's already the 8th day of new year) =P

I'll be flying off to Japan tomorrow for a 2 week holiday and I am super duper excited but leaving tomorrow means I won't be with the fam for chap goh meh (15th and last day of new year). Darn you cheap flight tickets! Sad as I may be for missing 5 days of new year at home, I'll have that much and more fun in Japan especially since we've been planning it for a year!

Anyways! Here's my mani on the 1st and 3rd day of CNY! I wanted to get a gel base mani but it just didn't work out especially with the pricing...


I decided to go with a mani inspired by @svetasanders on instagram which features gold nail polish and coincidentally or NOT i purchased the OPI Gwen Stephani 18k No Doubt Gold polish! The gradient didn't really work for me though =P

Colours Used: 

Red - OPI Big Apple Red
White - OPI Alpine Snow
Gold - OPI No Doubt 18k Gold
Top Coat - Glisten & Glow HK Girl
Base Coat - Essie Nail Hardener


For the 3rd day, I went with one that I experimented with before. I actually wanted to double stamp it but red just didn't mix well so I left it with white and gold bamboo in the end. 

Colours Used:

White - OPI Alpine Snow
Gold - China Glaze Passion
Top Coat - Glisten & Glow HK Girl
Base Coat - Essie Nail Hardener
Stamped with MoYou London Suki Plate

I'll be posting my Japan mani when I reach Japan hopefully! Can't wait to share it with you guys since it'll be my last CNY mani for the year!

That's it for this post! 
Have a Happy Goat Year! Mehhhhh
Cheers!

No comments: