Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Baby Showers

Hi all! 

I actually did not plan this mani but it ended up painting a baby shower-ish mani. I was going for a neat, basic, elegant and pastel mani in the beginning. 


So, I grabbed some @teismom stripe nail vinyls and my Laval pink polish. It looked pretty good then as I was going for my right hand, I decided to use a different colour. Who wants to be same as the others? =P


I haven't gotten the chance to swatch the new iScream polishes I got from my friend Junlynn as an early birtbirthday present but I just had to try it!

This is iScream nails Blue Heaven on OPI Alpine Snow. It came out better than I realised! 

Also, not sure if you guys actually noticed that the composition of my photo is different now but I'm trying out something new. Here's the story, I was out yum cha-ing (literally translated as drinking tea) or having supper with my friend at Alexis Telawi and this guy selling lights comes up to our table. The table light he was selling was foldable and extremely bright! I was sold! 

Thus how I ended up using the light to take photos of manis at night instead of in the morning. I seldom take morning photoa because I wake up early for work and I'm indoors during the morning. I'm still working out the angle and stuff but so far so good. 

Another surprise! The blue mani got more than 100 likes on Instagram! This is a first for me! For those on instagram reading this, thanks a bunch! 

In the meantime, here's a really short picture tutorial for you guys. 


First, paint a layer of white - I used OPI Alpine Snow. Top it off with your favourite top coat - I used Glisten & Glow HK Girl. Then used some striping tape or nail vinyl and place it in the middle - I used @teismom nail vinyls. Once placed properly, paint your chosen colour until opaque and carefully remove the tape before the polish dries - I used Laval Pink & iScream Nails Blue Heaven. Finally, top it off with top coat and you're done! 

Simple rite! 

That's it for this post!
Cheers!

No comments: